- The NICEIC has been the UK’s independent voluntary electrical regulatory body for 50 years (founded in 1956)
- Every year, 12,500 fires in UK homes are caused by faulty electrics
- Every year, 10 people die and 750 people are seriously injured because of faulty electrics
- 10 fatal and 2,000 non-fatal electric shock accidents in the home each year and around 19 fatal and 880 non-fatal shock accidents a year in the workplace.
- Over 19,000 businesses are registered with the NICEIC
- Businesses registered with the NICEIC carry out work in accordance with the national safety standard BS 7671 (the IEE Wiring Regulations) and other codes of practice. They are assessed by the NICEIC every year.
- Domestic Installers registered with the NICEIC can self-certify that their electrical work complies with Part P of the Building Regulations, the new electrical safety legislation introduced by government in January 2005.
- Approximately 90% of local authorities in the UK are believed to restrict work to NICEIC Approved Contractors on safety grounds
- Approved Contractors and Domestic Installers are required to issue a safety certificate for all their electrical work to confirm that the installation has been designed, constructed, inspected and tested in accordance with the national electrical safety standard, BS 7671 -Requirements for Electrical Installations.
- The NICEIC operates a complaints procedure and guarantee of standards scheme.
- You can check whether a firm is registered with the NICEIC on www.niceic.com or by calling the consumer helpline on 0870 013 0381.
- Enrolment with the NICEIC is voluntary, but we regard it as a badge of competency and professionalism for the service and have made it a priority to enrol
FIRE CREST FIRE PROTECTION
IS A NICEIC APPROVED CONTRACTOR