Fire Warden Training
Our full Fire Warden training package, which includes our Fire Extinguisher Use training costs only £125 per person and covers:
- Awareness of key fire safety duties under the law
- Recognition of habitual human behaviour in a fire situation
- The typical role of a fire warden in relation to workplace fire safety
- Basic principles of risk assessment
- How to prevent fire or limit its impact
- Common modes of building evacuation
- The need for fire drills and pre-planning for fire
- Active and passive fire safety features and facilities
- Identifying and using a range of portable fire extinguishers
- Using the relevant extinguisher for tackling a fire.
A test will be held at the end of the course with handouts and applicable certificates.
Our course is mainly aimed at those responsible for fire safety in their workplace, but all staff will benefit from completing this more comprehensive training.
The course lasts approximately six hours, and refreshments and lunch are provided for our in-house courses.
We run courses throughout the year. We understand the need for Businesses to kept staff down time to a minimum, this is why we work with you to find a date suited to your needs. Our courses are very popular and tend to fill up quickly, so we are always willing to plan extra dates or a days specific training. Just give us a call to talk through your requirements.
Fire Warden training is a requirement of the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005.
A ratio of 1 in 10 staff should be warden trained, which may vary according to your Risk Assessment. Care homes and higher risk properties with vulnerable clients may need to increase this ratio to 1 in 5 or even 1 in 3 staff being fully trained. You should also take into account shift patterns, holidays and sickness to ensure sufficient cover at all times.
This training also needs to be refreshed periodically, usually every three years, dependent on your Risk Assessment.
Need advice on your training requirements? Call us on 0800 092 4021 or use our contact form and our team will be in touch.