Good fire safety management of commercial premises is a very important part of you Duty of Care.
All the fire equipment in the premises has a periodic maintenance schedule, the schedule is the responsibility of either the “competent person” a qualified engineer or the “responsible person” an owner, manager or appointed person with sufficient authority to act upon any arising problems.
Sometimes when absentee landlords or the responsible person cannot comply with the required periodic checks, they can arrange for a private contractor to help.
We offer the service of periodic checks, we will supply and install a document box and log book, then on a agreed schedule visit the premises to check on the following:
- Fire Alarm is live and working
- Test manual call points or a detector to confirm activation
- Visual check all emergency lights
- Activate emergency lights
- Visual check extinguishers
- Visual check fire signs
- Visual check fire escape routes for any stored rubbish, bikes, or other obstructions that should not be there
- Visual check all fire doors are undamaged, where possible closing and latching properly
- Visual check all relevant fire exits are free, working and unobstructed
- Check any exits to open air are closing shut properly especially in sleeping accommodation where security and prevention of arson is important.
- Visual check the exterior of the property for fire door obstructions, signage, any emergency lights, storage of rubbish, and general arson prevention measures.
- Update our worksheets with any problems to action
- Update fire log book
- Communicate any arising problems with the owner or agent.
- Provide a quotation as a one stop shop approach to solving any problem
0800 092 40 21.
Call 0800 092 40 21 for a chat on setting this up.