Latest figures from Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service (CFRS) show homes in the county fall victim to a kitchen fire on average three times a week.
Between April 2012 and March 2013, firefighters were called to 163 house fires which started in the kitchen. This is more than half the total number of accidental house fires attended by crews in the same period.
Of these kitchen fires, 107 were caused by faulty or misused electrical appliances.
“A house fire can have devastating results,” said Crew Manager Mark Pratten from Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service. “Many however, are preventable and there are steps you can take to keep you and your loved ones safe.
For more information please clink on the link below