IFEDA, the Independent Fire Engineering & Distributors’ Association, was founded in 1989, to provide an independent representative body of fire trade companies; and is completely unaligned to any manufacturer.
Fire Crest Fire Protection is a proud member of IFEDA.
The IFEDA logo is a sign that a company has achieved, or is actively working towards, third party accreditation through ISO 9001: 2008 and BAFE: promoting quality standards in the fire industry through independent auditing and assessment.
The objectives of IFEDA, as a trade association, are to support members and promote quality standards and procedures within the fire safety industry:
- Ensuring members operate the appropriate BAFE scheme/s requiring the licensing of all service personnel
- Providing communication on key legislative changes and other industry related news
- Providing a bank of data, technical memos, and other relevant information
- To regularly produce newsletters keeping members informed
- To provide training courses to keep members, and non-members, up-to-date with certificated qualifications, including BAFE recognised training courses; of which fire extinguisher training is of paramount importance
IFEDA is also instrumental in promoting the benefits of these quality and professional standards to insurance companies, fire authorities, governments departments and other fire trade companies
Leading the way in training, IFEDA offers, amongst others, fire extinguisher training courses; and continues to champion third party accreditation for fire risk assessments and their importance, following the introduction of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Our listing as a member of IFEDA can be found here this offers reassurance to our customers.