was successfully added to your cart.

Crews attend grill pan fire

By January 29, 2013Blog

A man suffered burns to his hands after a fire in his supported housing.

The blaze broke out at the YMCA Cornwall Penzance centre, Alverton Road, on Sunday evening after a grill pan was left unattended.

Two crews from Penzance attended the scene and the man was treated for minor burns to his hands while his girlfriend was seen for smoke inhalation.

“It was a relatively minor fire and we have a very effective fire alarm system and staff on call 24/7,” said David Hall-Davies, chief executive of YMCA Cornwall.

For more information view thisiscornwall here