Who We Are
Any personal information provided to or gathered by extinguisher.com is controlled by extinguisher.com Ltd (“Fire Crest Fire Protection”, “We”, “Us), a company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 04727244), with a registered office at York House, 35 Carnhell Road, Gwinear, Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 5LB. VAT Registration No: 591 1847 22
We are registered with the Information Commissioner in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, Data Protection Registration no. Z2025299.
What Information We Collect
When you place an Order or otherwise interact with the extinguisher.com Website, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to Us (for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address, contact and bank / credit card details). We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use.
Some examples of how information may be collected by us:
- Information You Provide Us: we receive and store information that you submit when using our website or that you provide us in any other way (for example by email or telephone). This information may be provided when ordering from us (via our website or by telephone); searching our website; entering competitions; accessing your account; querying order status; or by submitting text/photo/video reviews of us and our products.
- Information Automatically Provided: we receive, process and store certain information whenever you interact with our website. Like many websites, we use “cookies” (see below) and obtain certain information automatically when your Web browser accesses the extinguisher.com website. Information automatically received by us includes the IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet; your computer, browser, operating system and internet connection details; purchase history; clickstream/path analysis of your journey through our website; products you searched for.
- Email Communications: to help us make our email newsletter more useful and interesting for our customers we attempt to receive a confirmation when you open and click on email newsletters from extinguisher.com (if your email software/service supports this option). If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
- Telephone Calls: From time to time we monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service to you.
- Information from 3rd Parties: we may receive information about you from other sources and add this to our account information.
How We Use This Information
Information is kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
- Process and deliver your Order;
- Provide Customer Support services to you;
- Provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service;
- Help prevent fraud (eg. we may check credit card details with our credit agency, who may keep a record of that information, and reserve the right to refuse Orders on that basis. Your credit rating can be checked for a nominal fee with the main UK agencies Equifax and Experian);
- Open and run your Fire Crest Fire Protection customer account;
- Administer prize draws;
Provide a more personal shopping experience. By making an Order and/or submitting your data to us you agree to this use.
Your safety is guaranteed because extinguisher.com uses the latest security measures to protect your details when you shop with us. We use software to encrypt your credit/debit card information when you place an order on our secure server, which means that only we are able to decrypt the information in order to process your transaction. Please click here for more information on Security and Credit Card Safety while shopping at extinguisher.com.
Who Else May See Your Data
In order to complete your order we may need to disclose some of your information to our delivery partners including Royal Mail, City Link, Parcel Line and their affiliates.
Marketing Communications – Fire Crest Fire Protection
When ordering from Fire Crest Fire Protection, entering competitions or otherwise interacting with us we may give you the chance to subscribe to our email newsletter. We promise not to bombard you with emails – to make it worth your while we only get in touch when we truly have interesting news to share.
If you no longer wish to receive email newsletters, please notify us using the links provided in each newsletter.
Marketing Communications – 3rd Party
Fire Crest Fire Protection will not pass your information on to third parties unless you give us your consent – either at the time of providing the information to us, or previously if we have already received consent from you.
When you place an order with Fire Crest Fire Protection we may give you the choice for other reputable companies to contact you BY POST about future offers, events and new Products or related activities that you may find useful.
If you no longer wish us to do this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you have any concerns over receiving unsolicited post you can join the Mailing Preference Service and your name should be removed from the lists held by responsible direct mail companies. An application form can be filled out on-line at www.mpsonline.org.uk.
In Order to improve our service we may use a device known as a ‘cookie’. Cookies are a means by which information relating to your Internet activity (such as whether you have visited extinguisher.com before) is recorded on your hard drive and used by us to improve extinguisher.com and the products and services available to you.
3rd Party Ad Serving
We may allow other companies, called third-party ad servers or ad networks, to serve advertisements within our web pages. We do NOT provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Because your web browser must request these advertising banners from the ad network Web site, these companies can send their own cookies to your cookie file, just as if you had requested a web page from our website. Please note that if an advertiser asks us to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 13-24 who have viewed sports content) and you respond to that ad, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. We only authorise our third-party ad servers to employ anonymous cookies for ad delivery and anonymous targeting.
Opting Out of Third-Party Ad Serving
If you want to prevent a third-party ad server from sending and reading cookies on your computer, you may either turn off cookies in your browser, or visit each ad network’s Web site individually and opt out (if they offer this capability).
Customer Service Contact
You may resolve any issues that concern your interaction with extinguisher.com by:
Email to email@example.com; or
Post at The Wilson Building, Wilson Way, Pool, Cornwall, TR15 3RU
Fax to 0845 8679261; or
Telephoning 01209 831417